Delisle Walwyn St. Maarten B.V is seeking a hardworking, highly analytical individual to fill the position of Accounting Clerk for their Accounts Services Department. The successful candidate must possess good communication skills to interact with vendors, management and staff. This position reports directly to the Supervisor-Accounts Services Department. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Review Cruise line systems on a daily basis and report cash available balances to management.
- Maintain good relationships with all cruise line principals and vendors by ensuring that money is received and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure the invoices to cruise principals are submit within 14 days.
- Maintain a Fixed Asset Register with additions and disposals.
- Prepare gain/loss schedule for disposals and ensure monthly posting of depreciation charges.
- Reconciles tour revenues to ship invoicing and tour administration.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- A minimum of at least (2) years Accounting work experience preferred.
- A minimum of a diploma in Accounting or Business Studies would be preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be well organized, reliable and possess good communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, with a pleasant and professional attitude.
Applications should be sent to the address noted below, no later than 23rd April, 2019.
- The Human Resource Manager
- Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies
- Grounddove Road 5
- Point Blanche
- Upper Prince’s Quarter
- St. Maarten