Delisle Walwyn St. Maarten B.V is seeking a hardworking, highly analytical individual to fill the position of Administrative Coordinator for their Port Services Department. The successful candidate must possess good communication skills to interact with vendors, management and staff. This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor, Port Services Department.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Update internal submission log as invoices are billed to ship.
- At the end of each week, based on Block Assignments you must ensure that each ship is billed within 7 Days of that vessel call.
- Follow up on all outstanding invoices to be billed to cruise lines and prepare them for manager’s approval.
- Create and submit disbursement accounts for non-cruise vessels. Items 1-3 would also apply for non-cruise vessels.
- Make a copy of all invoices, one to be attached to ship’s vessel attendance file and the other to be submitted to the Accounting department (Accounts Payable Clerk) for payment. (Based on Block Assignment)
- Communicate with vendors on errors on invoices and follow up for corrected invoice, where necessary.
- Maintain cruise lines files in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. The cruise contract must be on the permanent file. (Contracts are stored by the Department Manager). No invoice should be archived unless paid in full.
- Submit all invoices to the respective cruise lines within 7 days of the vessel call.
- Assist with the follow up of cruise receivables.
- Assist with the reconciliation of the cruise receivable accounts.
- Review all cruise lines online disbursement systems for status of invoice and proactively respond to cruise lines where invoices are either pending too long or were rejected.
- Assist with basic accounting functions upon request by management.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
- A minimum of at least (1) year administrative or accounting work experience preferred.
- A minimum of a diploma in Business Studies or Accounting would be preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be well organized, reliable and possess good communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and also with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented, with a pleasant and professional attitude.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting and administrative procedures would be an asset.
- Associates Degree in Office Administration or Accounting would be an asset.
Applications should be sent to the address noted below, no later than 23rd April, 2019.
- The Human Resource Manager
- Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies
- Grounddove Road 5
- Point Blanche
- Upper Prince’s Quarter
- St. Maarten