Delisle Walwyn St. Maarten B.V is seeking a hardworking, highly analytical individual to fill the position of Boarding Agent for their Port Services Department. The successful candidate must possess good communication skills to interact with vendors, management and staff. This position reports directly to the Operations
Supervisor, Port Services Department.
Ensure the highest level of service delivery, whilst acting as Port Services’ first point of contact on the arrival of all vessels. The individual should provide exceptional customer service and sound communication skills when interacting with local vendors, management and crew members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with coordinating Arrival/ Departures of all Vessels with the appropriate authorities (Pilots –Tugs – Port Authorities etc.) with the Expected Time of Arrival (ETA).
- Board the Vessels with Authorities on arrival and departure and ensure all operations are handled smoothly.
- Facilitate the requests of the crew and passengers thru transport, medical attention and immigration clearances.
- Assist with vessel needs such as inspections, technical issues, logistics and documentation.
- Ensure all vessels follow all government guidelines while in port.
- File the necessary paperwork with local authorities as needed per ship.
- Ensure that all correspondence is communicated in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with the collection and reconciliation of all outstanding accounts and other related financial statements.
- Assist where necessary, with the clearing and other requests of the yacht services clientele.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
- A minimum of at least (2) years work experience in the Tourism industry is preferred.
- A minimum education of a diploma would be preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be well organized, reliable and possess good communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and also with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented, with a pleasant and professional attitude.
- Knowledge of applicable administrative procedures would be an asset.
Applications should be sent to the address noted below, no later than 23rd April, 2019.
- The Human Resource Manager
- Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies
- Grounddove Road 5
- Point Blanche
- Upper Prince’s Quarter
- St. Maarten